SEO and digital marketing are the modern tools to market any business. Digital marketing and SEO are important for the growth of any online business. Due to rapid digitization, the importance of digital presence has increased. This can help in improving the growth and sales of the business. SEO is a technique used in digital marketing. Let us have a look at the Comparison Between Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing:
Comparison Between Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing
What is Digital Marketing?
Technology has revolutionized the way of doing business in the recent years. It has also changed the way marketing is done. There is a lot of buzz going around about digital marketing. So what exactly Digital Marketing? What are the applications of Artificial Intelligence in Digital Marketing?
The promotion of brands using any of the forms of electronic media is known as digital marketing. Digital Marketing has got a lot of relevance in the past few years. Almost every person is available on the digital platform. Brands do not want to let go the opportunity of reaching their target customer in the digital platforms.
Digital Marketing can be broadly classified into following types:
- Search Engine Optimisation(SEO)
- SEM(Search Engine Marketing)
- Pay Per Click advertising(PPC)
- Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing (SEM)
Having discussed digital marketing, let us discuss the importance of Digital marketing.
Importance of Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing is important for small enterprises. Small enterprises find it difficult to market their product because of limited resources and budget. Digital marketing has helped small businesses in marketing their product and reaching the large target audience.
- Digital Marketing is cost effective as compared to the traditional methods of marketing. Promoting the brand through digital marketing is more effective and in the budget of small enterprises.
- Digital Marketing helps in getting ahead of your competitors. By following good marketing strategies, digital marketing can become your X-factor making you the leader in the competition.
- With more and more brands getting aware of the digital marketing, it has become necessary for all the businesses to step into the world of digital marketing. Bigger players in the market have already come to know about the importance of digital marketing now is the turn for smaller business to include digital marketing in their online promotion strategy.
Some of the applications of Digital marketing are:
- It helps in improving the searches and getting the most relevant results.
- Digital marketing helps in improving the customer service.
- It helps in customizing the website for every user.
- Advertisement becomes more relevant.
- It helps brands to reach the maximum number of potential customers
What is SEO?
SEO is a technique used by digital marketers to enhance the quality and quantity of traffic on the website. This, in turn, will improve the ranking of the website which is the main aim of doing SEO.
Search engines like google work on an algorithm that has a constant watch on the entire content in on servers. These are known as Google crawlers.
These crawlers rank the websites according to its predefined parameters. So to become more visible to crawlers and getting good rank for website SEO is important. Some things should be kept in mind before performing SEO. For e.g., you are running an apple organic farm and Google sends people to you thinking you are some electronic vendor, then this is not good SEO.
Another thing is aim toward getting organic traffic. Organic traffic is the traffic that is not paid and is generated as a result of genuine traffic.
Need for SEO
- You might wonder that what is the need for SEO. Well, let us discuss the need for SEO. There are a lot of websites in the same domain or category as yours. So for getting visibility on the web or improve ranking, SEO is needed.
- Why would Google show you on some of the top results on the page? SEO helps you in optimizing your web content thus generating high-quality organic traffic on your website.
Types of SEO
SEO can be categorized into following two types: White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. Let us discuss them in brief.
1. White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO is the SEO technique that utilizes the ethical technique in attracting traffic towards your website. White Hat SEO can be done by good content marketing, link generation or backlinking. In the case of white hat SEO, you cannot expect a huge flow of traffic in a short time.
The traffic increases slowly and gradually but the traffic is of good quality and long lasting
2. Black Hat SEO
Black hand SEO, on the other hand, is a technique of generating traffic on the website that violates the search engine’s term of service. In other words, this technique is unethical and can lead to permanent ban your website. Black Hat SEO involves techniques like keyword stuffing, fake links etc. The traffic generates from Black Hat SEO is unpredictable. Sometimes low sometimes very high. The traffic generated from black hat SEO is of low quality and is for short-term only.
Some of the applications of SEO are:
- It improves traffic on the website. SEO is all about content. Creating a good, relevant and fresh content improves SEO and traffic on the website.
- It improves the quality and quantity of organic traffic.
- It helps in ranking you higher in the Search Engine Result Page.
In this article, we discussed the comparison between the search engine optimization and digital marketing. Both the techniques go hand in hand and both of them are necessary to improve the performance of the online business.
- The Key To Writing Strong SEO Titles
- 4 Easy Ways to Improve Your SEO
- What is On-Page SEO and its Benefits
- What are Backlinks and How They Are Important For SEO
- Difference between On-Page and Off-Page SEO 2018?
- How to Improve Website Visibility Using On-Page SEO Techniques?