If you want to move your Blog from Blogger to WordPress then you are at right place. Get a free beginner’s guide to move Blog from Blogger to WordPress in this article.
However, Blogger is a popular option for blogging, especially if you are a novice blogger. Also, It is the best platform to start blogging for beginners. Blogger is a free service of Google. You can make thousands of blogs on blogger and publish them to all over the world.
Nowadays, blogging has become a source for making money online. If you want to monetize your blog in future than WordPress is the most recommended option for you. But If you already have a blog on blogger then you can also move your Blog from Blogger to WordPress.
It is very easy to migrate a Blog from Blogger to WordPress. But Before moving Blog from Blogger to WordPress you need to do two things:
Purchase a Domain Name for WordPress Website
There are many websites on the internet, where you can register a domain name. I will recommend you register your domain name from Bluehost.
Purchase a Web Hosting
This is very important to buy web hosting for transferring your Blog from Blogger to WordPress because it provides storage space to save files, images, hosting data of your blog. I will recommend you purchase your web hosting from Bluehost.
Also Read These:
Beginner’s Guide- How to Move Blog from Blogger to WordPress
You need to follow steps given below for migrating your Blog from Blogger to WordPress:
- Login to your Blogger’s Dashboard
Here, follow steps given below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ on the Blogger’s Dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Others’ given under the ‘Settings’. (Settings > Others)
- Click on the button ‘Back up content’ given on the right side of Dashboard.
- On next screen, you will see a pop-up window. Here you will be asked to back up your data on the computer. Click on the button ‘Save to your computer’. An XML file will be downloaded to your computer when you click on the button.
- Now login to your WordPress Dashboard.
Here you have to follow steps given below:
- Click on the ‘Tools’ option given on the right side of WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Import’ option under ‘Tools’ (Tools > Import)
- Now click on the ‘Blogger’ on the Dashboard screen.
- You will see a pop-up on next screen, where you have to click on the ‘Install Now’ button given below.
Here you will see which items are imported in the ‘Items imported’ and which are not imported under ‘Items not imported’
- Next, Blogger Importer plugin will be downloaded then click on the link ‘Run Importer’.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to choose file from your computer system. Select the XML file which you have previously downloaded by Blogger. Click on the button ‘Upload File and Import’
- Now your blogger’s backup import process will start. Once you are done with this process, you have to choose author name for managing your WordPress. You can create a new account; otherwise, you can choose the existing one.
Congrats, You have successfully migrated your Blog from Blogger to WordPress. You can check your posts and images in WordPress.
Do you want to redirect your Blogger visitors to WordPress?
Whether you have completely transferred your Blog from Blogger to WordPress but you need to have your blogger traffic on WordPress to see all your posts. This is very imported to redirect your blogger’s traffic to WordPress in order to monetize your blogs. It is not that tough to redirect your blogger’s traffic to your WordPress blog.
You just need to follow the steps given below for redirecting your blogger traffic to WordPress:
- Go to your Blogger’s Dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Template’ on the right side of Dashboard.
- Here you have to write URL address of your website in the place of ‘seoramanarora.com’ under the head section of HTML code.
<meta content=’0;url=http:// www.seoramanarora.com ‘ http-equiv=’refresh’/>
- Click on the ‘Save Template’ button.
Now you have successfully redirected the traffic of your Blog from Blogger to WordPress as well as blogger’s posts.
Go ahead and move your Blog from Blogger to WordPress!
- How to Choose a Right Blogging Platform
- How to Create a Free Blog on BlogSpot
- Why Word Press is better than other CMS for Website ?
I am sure if you follow this guide, you will successfully move your Blog from Blogger to WordPress. If you want to ask any question regarding this post, feel free to ask via. Comments.
Do you like this post?