How to Choose a Right Blogging Platform 2017
Choose a Right Blogging Platform, is not everyone’s Cup of Tea. Most of beginners love to read the blogs of other writers or blogger’s, because they got afraid to start their own Dream Blog. If, you are starter or bloggers and thinking to start your own blog, but can’t figure out how to choose Right Blogging Platform in New Year 2017. Actually, it is a tough choice to opt, because there are various different blogging platforms are available. In this blog, I will help you to select the best blogging platform with pros and cons with various popular options.
Here are some blogging platforms that will help you to compare for your Right Blogging Platform. If you are really Interested in particular platform, you can click on any link and skip the rest of Article.
Choose a Right Blogging Platform – What is Looking For?
Before opting any one of the Platform is list, you should clear about that what type of platform you are looking for.
As a beginner, you need to select a blogging platform which is easy to set up and don’t require any coding skills. As well as, you need to think about that what kind of blog you want to create, now and for future purpose.
As your blog become popular, you wish to change their look of site and add many other features to increase the amount of audience, which is also important aspect that is flexible to change. Starting with wrong platform may difficult to switch later on.
Last, but not the least, even you don’t have to make money online yet, it’s smart to make sure you have lot of option to do in future.
With all in mind, let’s compare the blogging platforms for Beginner’s
WordPress.org is one the world’s most popular blogging platform. It is an open source software platform that allows you to create your own website or blog. It is self hosted solution which means you need to sign up with WordPress hosting provider.
org provides you control over every aspect of the website.
- You can grow your blog with extra features such as online store, forum and membership plan as well.
- There are various free and Premium WordPress themes are available to create your website more beautiful and creative.
- WordPress is Search Engine Friendly software.
- Manage your own site comes with bit of learning process.
- You have manage your own backup and security of database.
WordPress.org is free Software, you need to buy domain name and hosting for year. However, you can start with $2.75 Per month with Bluehost, Best hosting Services Provider in India. They are offering 60% hosting discount and free Domain name services.
WordPress.com is blog hosting Service which is offered by Automattic, a company founded by WordPress.org cofounder Matt Mullenweg.
It is offering free basic blog hosting service, you can purchase additional options such as domain name and storage space or other premium Services.
- No Setup Required
- Easy to manager and use
- Limited options to extend your website
- You cannot run advertisement on your blog.
- You don’t have your own blog and wordPress.com can suspend your account if they find any violation in terms of services.
Basic account of WordPress.com is free and it will advertise with name of YourSite.WordPress.com and they can display their ads and branding on your site. You can upgrade your personal plan for $2.99/ month to remove WordPress.com logo and advertisement on your website. You can get your custom domain www.YourSite.com
For $8.25/month you can get additional extra storage and design tools. Because of similar names, beginner’s often start their blog with WordPress.com and thinking they are working on Powerful Software WordPress.org. After checking the limitations, most of users end up and Switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org to have more features and control over their website.
Blogger is also free blog hosting Service and offered by Google, this is an easy and quick way to create your blog for non-tech savvy users. In this platform, your blog will display with name of www.YouSitename.Blogspot.com
- Blogger is free of Cost
- It is quick way and easy to manage without any technical skills.
- It has added advantage of Google’s secure and strong platform.
- You are limited to basic blogging tools, and can’t add new features as your blog becomes popular
- Design options are limited, available with few templates.
- Google can suspend your blog at any time, or cancel the blogger services, when it feel violation on your domain.
- From this many pros and cons of blogger, see our comparison of Blogger vs WordPress.
Fortunately, your blog grows, then you have to end up this blog or need to switch blog from Blogger to WordPress to get more control and features over this website.
Weebly is also hosted platform which allows you to create your blog using drag and drop tools. Moreover, it comes with dozens of Readymade themes that you can personalize and create your web-based Interface.
- Quick and easy setup, weebly will host your site.
- It provides free plan services to try before buying it.
- Easy to drag and drop website builder with no technical skills required.
- Build-in features are limited; you can’t add more new features.
- Limited Integration with third party platforms
- Export your site from weebly to another platform is difficult.
Weebly has paid plan which starts from $8/Month, include limited features. To unlock all the features available, you have to pay $49/Month.
Wix is hosted platform to build blog or websites. It provides an easy way for small businesses to create website using drag and drop tools. You can also add your blog to your website using Wix Blog.
- You can build sites with drag and drop tools, no coding skills are required
- Wix Setup is quick and easy
- You can customize your blog with various templates and third party apps.
- The Free account is limited and displays Wix ads and brandling on your site.
- Once you chose the template you can’t change it.
- Free third party apps are limited
- Ecommerce features are limited in paid plans.
For more information, read about the comparison of Wix Vs WordPress for Details.
The basic Wix website is free. You can add custom domain for $5/ Per month. To get rid of this, you can get $3/ Month Bluehost hosting.
Tumblr is little bit different platform rather than other blogging system. It is micro-blogging platform with social Networking features including following to other blogs,built-in sharing tools, reblogging and many more.
- Tumblr is easy and free to use
- It has Integrated Social media Component
- As Micro-blogging tool, It Makes easy and quick to play blog videos, GIFs, audio, and Image formats
- It comes with limited set of features that cannot extend you blog as it grows.
- There are various themes available for blog, but it can’t offer additional features.
- You have to take Backup of Tumblr blog or import it into other platforms, which is quite difficult, For this guide you have learn about move Tumblr to WordPress
Tumblr is easy and free to use. You can use a custom domain for tumblr blog and there are various third party apps and themes are available to purchase.
It is launched in 2012, mainly grown into community of Bloggers, writers, journalists and experts. It is easy platform with limited social networking features.
- It is easy to use without any required setup and no coding skills.
- It permits to reach an existing online community of people of same interests.
- You can only focus only on writing instead of design a website.
- Their features are limited in terms of building and designing a brand.
- Medium has their own audience, so losing your blog ultimately lose all the followers.
- You can’t run your own ads and make money online.
For more detailed comparison, you can check the Beginner’s Guide on WordPress vs Medium-which one is better?
This platform is free to use.
While this platform looks attractive at first, but there is lack of monetization and control leads of most people. So, most of people prefer to Switch their Blog Medium to WordPress.
- This is a website building Service Platform which allows you to create attractive website with easy drag and drop tools.
- It focuses on small business owners who are looking for easy way to create an online presence.
- Squarespace is easy and simple to use for beginners who are not tech-savvy.
- It has attractive designed templates developed by professionals.
- It is separately offer domain name with services with HTTP/SSL Certificate and eCommerce stores.
- Squarespace has limited features for Blogging
- Its Personal plan limits for 20 Pages, A blog and 2 Contributors.
- Other Services and tools Integration is limited to select.
Get to Know About the Comparison About WordPress Vs Squarespace in Detail.
It has Personal plan starts from $16/Month, or $12/Month, if you will for year in Advance. For business plan, your packages starts from $26/month or $18/Month Billed annually.
Joomla is also open Source Software Content Management system, same like WordPress.org. It contains self-hosted solution to provide domain and hosting plans.
- It is Flexible and powerful tool and can be used to create any kind of Website or blog.
- Hundreds of templates are available for your Blog design
- Use available extensions to add more features.
- Actually, Joomla Community has less amount of team as compared to WordPress Community, So there is few amount of themes are addons than WordPress.
- It has Limited Support options. Paid support is hard to find and can be costly.
- You are responsible to manage, backup, security and updates about your data.
To Know about brief In these topic, Lets read about comparison of WordPress Vs Joomla vs Drupal
Joomla is Free CMS, but you have pay for domain (Approx $14.99/Year) and hosting starting from ($7.99/month) to use it. If you will use Siteground, you will get started for $3.95 Per month and Get Free domain as well.
Have you heard about Ghost? It is minimalist blogging platform with limited features focused on writing posts. This is available as hosted platform, also as a software that you can install and host yourself. We’ll take a look at options.
- Cluster-free, Clean and intuitive user interface
- Focused in Writing and blogging
- No setup is required for hosted version
- Not easy to customize with apps
- The simplified user interface has limited options
- Complicated setup if you install it yourself
- Less themes are appeared in Appearance
After the discussion, take a look on WordPress vs Ghost Comparison for more details.
The self-hosted version needs a custom domain and web hosting starting from $21/month. Get iPage hosting on $2/Month.
- How to Move Blog from Blogger to WordPress
- How to Choose a Right Blogging Platform
- How to Create a Free Blog on BlogSpot
- How to Start a Blog on WordPress
- How to Move Your Blog from Tumblr to WordPress
In wrapping up, we believe that WordPress is Wonderful and Awesome platform as compare to all others. This is easy to use, powerful, affordable and most flexible of all available outcomes from blogging platforms. Here are all the reasons, why You Have to prefer WordPress.
We hope this article will help you to Choose Your blogging platform for Your Site. If you are Novice, and Beginner’ Guide to learn about WordPress. After that, you have to read about how to start WordPress blog.
Don’t Forget to Share this Article.