Internal and External linking are two link building strategies of Digital Marketing. Also, these linking strategies play an important role in SEO. To understand these strategies, you should know the basis Difference Between Internal and External Link in SEO. Besides, Each type of link has its place in a strategic SEO plan. It basically aimed at boosting your website ranking in the search engine results. In this article, we will discuss the Difference Between Internal and External Link.
Difference Between Internal and External Link in SEO
External links point from one domain to other domain. It could be linked up from your website to another website to give useful information to the readers or it may be linked from your website to the affiliated programs. Moreover, Externals links are those which are links from outside website to your website. The preferred term is “inbound” links, to distinguish them from links you’ve added to your own site that connects to other sites.
Internal links are links that go from one page to different page on the same domain. They are commonly used in main navigation. Additionally, It is a technique of SEO to link up one post to another in such a way that helps to increase user reachability on your website. Also, provide them useful content to read. However, It only points out to the specific domain or website. At the top of your website menu bar is there which contains internal links.
Some Important Articles:
- How to Setup and Configure Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin 2017
- Why Article Submission is Important For Off-Page SEO?
- Difference between On-Page and Off-Page SEO 2017?
- How Guest posting is important for Your Business?
Role of Internal and External Linking in SEO
- Visibility: External links play the important role to improve traffic to your website. It is a great source of free traffic from another website. Moreover, it is an important component of Google’s search engine algorithm. Develop an outreach program offering to guest post on other sites in your niche in exchange for a link to your own site. Quality and Quantity of the links also counts. Poor quality content decrease reachability of the content also.
- Helpful for Readers: To link someone’s website is a great benefit for the readers in term of strategic SEO value. Therefore external linking provides useful information to the readers’ that may not be provided by your post.
- Build your SEO: Internal links provide many benefits for the SEO of your website. When search engine spiders discover your site, they monitor links to discover additional pages on your site. They follow these link webs so that they can discover and archive as many relevant pages as they can on one visit.
- Your article should be like this that reader stays on your website for a longer time. It will be possible only when your post has well internal linking and reader keep reading your post one by one. It helps to decrease bounce rate of the website. On the other hand in case of external links transfer your traffic to the other website. Guest posting is the example of external links in which you can request host to publish your blog on his website and provide your own website link in your blog. In this way, you can increase traffic to your website also.
- Beginner’s Guide About Search Engine Optimization and SEO Techniques?
- Top 20 Effective Ways to Increase Traffic to Your Website
- What is Guest Posting and their Benefits in Off-Page SEO?
I hope you like this article ‘Difference Between Internal and External Link in SEO’. In the nutshell, we can say that both internal and external links are important in their ways. Where Internal links help readers to stay on the same website for a longer time on the other hand; external links help to boost the traffic from other websites and for backlinks.