The 3 Most Effective Link Building Strategies
It’s estimated that Google changes its search algorithm about 500 times a year. Whilst most of these changes are minor, major updates such as Google Penguin made previous link-building tactics ineffective and sometimes even harmful. In this article, I have shared the Effective Link Building Strategies which helps to increase the Domain Authority.
Although the rollout of Penguin 4.0 in September 2016 aimed to devalue bad links instead of penalizing entire sites, many websites continue to experience a decrease in rankings.
Here are three of the most effective modern SEO strategies for building new quality signals and authoritative links, and the good news is, you shouldn’t need to wait months or years to see a positive impact.
Planty of SEO Strategies are available, but i am going to explain the few of Effective Link Building Strategies:-
When it comes to guest posting, the first step is determining your goals as this is key to finding the right websites to submit posts to. If your main aim is to position yourself as an authority in your industry or increase traffic to your site, then it’s best to find sites with a good-sized, engaged audience.
If your main objective is to build backlinks to your site, then it’s better to pinpoint blogs or websites with a strong root domain authority. You can check this for free using the SEOmoz toolbar or other similar services. Note that with the right type of content placed on top blogs, you can achieve all three of these goals at the same time.
Next, you’ll need to search for guest posting opportunities. You should concentrate on sites with content which is focused on your niche or industry, have an audience with an interest in your industry, and an engaged readership (plenty of social shares and comments).
Using a keyword search is a good place to find sites accepting guest posts. Pick a keyword in your industry followed by “guest post” or “accepting guest post”, and you should find plenty of results.
Other ways of finding good guest posting opportunities include a backlink analysis for competitors, looking for sites that prolific guest bloggers have posted on, or using a keyword search in social media channels.
- How Guest posting is important for Your Business?
- What is Guest Posting and their Benefits in Off-Page SEO?
Tips for submitting a great guest post:
- Your post should be a valuable source of information, not an advert. So keep any information about your business, products, or services in your author bio.
- Check how the target blog formats their posts and include similar elements in your guest post.
- Show the site owner you know their content by including internal links to some of their posts.
- Include a call-to-action for comments. There more discussion you create, the better.
Implementing this technique should lead to a sore in backlinks and an increase in organic search traffic to your whole site, and involves creating outstanding content which everyone will want to link to. But how do you make sure you’re creating the best content out there? Or rather, how do you create the tallest skyscraper in your space?
- Find linkable assets. The aim is to create a high-value page which you can leverage for links and the best place to start is by finding online content which is already generating lots of links. There are plenty of tools which make this a breeze, such as Ahrefs and BuzzSumo.
- Improve content which is already out there. Once you’ve found link-worthy content, the goal is to make it better. Try to beat it on as many levels as possible, such as making it longer, changing outdated content with cutting-edge information, improving the design, and making it more thorough.
- Reach out to the right people. This crucial step holds the whole process together. Instead of reaching out to random websites, try to find site owners already linking out to similar posts and give them a heads up about your clearly superior content. Again, you can use tools such as Ahrefs, Majestic SEO, and Open Site Explorer to find solid prospects in your industry.
Once you start getting links, you should see an important rise in organic traffic and referral visitors to your site.
Broken Link Building
This technique can be used to effectively build hundreds of backlinks to any website in any niche and allows you to make the most out of authoritative websites willing to link back to you.
The process is relatively simple and involves the following steps:
- Use a broken link checker to find broken links on other sites.
- Contact the site owners, let them know they’re pointing to broken links, and suggest your site as an alternative.
- Get your links placed instead of broken ones.
Broken link building has become a popular method as it is Penguin-safe and an extremely effective way of acquiring links. Most webmasters take pride in their site and won’t want to lead their visitors to a 404 Page, giving you the perfect opportunity to offer your site instead.
Should you target specific domains?
The answer to this varies greatly depending on your website niche.
Local businesses should aim to get listed in prominent local directories such as Yellow Pages or more specific directories in their industry.
Remember, you shouldn’t be writing guest posts just for the sake of acquiring links. You also want to send referral traffic to your site, so it’s always best to guest post for websites your target market is likely to read. This way, as well as getting SEO value from Google, it should increase qualified traffic to your website.
We recently created a Guest Posting campaign for L.E.D World, a lighting design and supply firm based in Sydney, Australia.
After identifying authority websites in their niche, we contacted them for a collaboration, wrote a series of guest posts, and got quality links back to the L.E.D World website. Within around 3 months, we started to see the pages that were linked to from our guest posts climb in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPS).
Guest Posts created for L.E.D World
Link building tactics have changed a lot over the past few years. The way things stand, having links from high authority websites leads search engines to think you must also be a high authority site. Equally, links from spammy websites will do more harm than good when it comes to your authority online.
Therefore, backlinks from credible sites are important for your SEO as they show search engines your website is credible and valuable to users, which over time should lead to an improvement in rankings.
- Smart SEO Goals in 2018
- Basic Difference Between Nofollow and Do-Follow Links
- A New Approach to Keyword Research
- Top 8 Ways to Get High Quality Backlinks
- Vital SEO Decisions to Make Before Website Design and Build
- Exploring Different Search Engine Algorithms
I hope you get valuable information from this article. If you want to know more about Effective Link Building Strategies, you can check out my previous articles.
Do you like this post?
Subscribe to my blog “SEORamanArora” to get daily updates. Also, share this post with your friends. Moreover, you can keep in touch me on Facebook, Tumblr, twitter, Instagram Linkedin, Google+ and my Youtube Channel.
If you have any query, feel free to leave a comment below.
Najam AhmedPosted at 03:40h, 08 February
yes I use Ahrefs its one of necessary tool for SEO professionals, very informative article.