Basic Difference Between Nofollow and Do-Follow Links
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has great importance for bloggers. Although there are numerous terms related to SEO but I am going to share information regarding Nofollow and Dofollow Links and also basic difference between them. Although, we know how important links are for our blog or website whether they are Internal or external backlinks. But Today I am going to talk about two other Nofollow and Dofollow Links which are further part of external backlinks and also has great role in SEO.
If you are a newbie and don’t know about Nofollow and Dofollow Links then you are at the right place. Before moving further, let me share some basic information about backlinks. However, I have provided detailed information about backlinks in my previous article but here is some definition of backlinks:
Backlinks are links which comes to your website from some other website or blog. For example, If someone redirect to your website from my website by clicking some URL of your website present on my blog or post. That means I have given you backlink. These are very important for search engine fast indexing of your website. So, let’s talk about Nofollow and Dofollow Links and their basic difference.
Difference Between Nofollow and Do-Follow Links
The difference between Nofollow and Dofollow Links lies in their definition and use. Let’s see what are they and where they are used.
- Nofollow Links
Nofollow Links are basically links which does not allow search engines bot to pass the link juice. That’s means it doesn’t allow search engine bots to follow the link and only human can follow the links. Nofollow Links are used to hide the website link from search engine.
<ahref=” https://www.seoramanarora.com/ “ref=”nofollow”>seoramanarora</a>
- Dofollow Links
Dofollow link is a link where you allow the search engine bot to index your website. It means, search engine bots pass link juice if they find Dofollow links. You can also increase your website ranking by using your website target keyword in Dofollow links. Both human and search engine can allow Dofollow links.
<a href=” https://www.seoramanarora.com/ “>seoramanarora</a>
Where we can use Nofollow and Dofollow Links?
- Nofollow Links Use:
Nofollow Links are used where we don’t have complete information about the other website and need to add that link in your blog post or website. Then we simply mention Nofollow link on that website. Here are some points from where you will get to know where to use Nofollow Links.
- You can add Nofollow tags with the links to pages which have less importance.
- Add Nofollow tag on low quality websites or blog such as sites related to gambling, Porn, casino, hacking, spamming.
- If there is a website or blog which is unrelated to your website content then you can use that link as Nofollow.
- Use Nofollow links when you mention a website or post link in comments.
- Always use Nofollow links with the affiliate links so that search engine bots ignore that website while crawling or indexing your site.
- You can also use Nofollow tags with paid or sponsored ads.
- Dofollow Link Use:
Dofollow Links are very useful for both blog and website. Links we used in our blog post are Dofollow Links as we allow search engine bots to index to our website or post. Here are some points where you can use Dofollow Links:
- Use Dofollow links on High Quality websites such as Yahoo, Google and so on which are most genuine sites and provide relevant content.
- Add Dofollow tag on your own blog posts.
- You can add Dofollow links on the posts which provide original and high quality content.
- Exploring Different Search Engine Algorithms
- Difference between On-Page and Off-Page SEO 2017?
- How to Improve the Visibility of Web Page Through Search Engine Optimization
- Top 15 Ways to Reduce Bounce Rate
- Top 6 Reasons For High Bounce Rate
- What is Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
Nofollow and Dofollow Links are very important in SEO. I hope now you completely understand what are Nofollow and Dofollow Links, their difference and where you can use them. Besides, I will suggest you to use Nofollow Tag with the low quality websites.
If you have any question related to this article, please don’t hesitate and ask via comments.